Magellan Yacht Surveys offer a comprehensive and detailed report covering all aspects of the hull (including moisture or ultrasonic readings), fittings, rig, and equipment, which can be emailed or sent as a hard document.
Hull, Deck and Structure.
- Details of Subject Vessel,
- Hull below Waterline.
- Topsides above Waterline including Rubbing Strake etc
- Deck Moulding.
- Hull/Deck Join.
- Bulkheads and Structural Stiffening including Internal Mouldings.
Steering, Stern Gear, and Skin Fittings etc.
- Rudder and Steering.
- Stern Gear.
- Cathodic Protection.
- Skin Fittings and other through Hull Apertures.
- Main Companionway and other Accesses to Accommodation.
- Ports Windows etc.
- Pulpit, Stanchions, Pushpit, Lifelines and Jackstays.
- Rigging Attachment Points.
- Ground Tackle and Mooring Arrangements.
- Other Deck Gear and Fittings.
- Davits and Boarding Ladders.
- Standing Rigging.
- Running Rigging.
- Sails and Covers etc.
- Navigation Lights.
- Bilge Pumping Arrangements.
- Firefighting Equipment.
- Lifesaving and Emergency Equipment.
- Engine and Installation.
- Fuel System.
Accommodation and on Board Systems.
- Accommodation General.
- Gas Installation.
- Fresh Water Tanks and Delivery.
- Electrical Installation.
- Electronic and Navigation Equipment.
- Heating and Refrigeration.
The practical part of the survey in usually completed in a day and an overview can be given at the end of the day, with the report following a couple of days later. If problems are found on the vessel, these can be discussed early on and recommendations made as to the next course of action