Magellan Yacht Surveys offer a comprehensive and detailed pre-purchase survey consisting of a 37 section report which covers all aspects of the hull (including moisture readings), fittings, rig, and equipment, which can be emailed or sent as a hard document.
Hull, Deck and Structure.
1. Details of Subject Vessel,
3. Hull below Waterline.
4. Topsides above Waterline including Rubbing Strake etc.
5. Deck Moulding.
8. Hull/Deck Join.
9. Bulkheads and Structural Stiffening including Internal Mouldings.
Steering, Stern Gear, and Skin Fittings etc.
10. Rudder and Steering.
11. Stern Gear.
12. Cathodic Protection.
13. Skin Fittings and other through Hull Apertures.
14. Main Companionway and other Accesses to Accommodation.
15. Ports Windows etc.
16. Pulpit, Stanchions, Pushpit, Lifelines and Jackstays.
17. Rigging Attachment Points.
18. Ground Tackle and Mooring Arrangements.
19. Other Deck Gear and Fittings.
20. Davits and Boarding Ladders.
22. Standing Rigging.
23. Running Rigging.
24. Sails and Covers etc.
25. Navigation Lights.
26. Bilge Pumping Arrangements.
27. Firefighting Equipment.
28. Lifesaving and Emergency Equipment.
29. Engine and Installation.
30. Fuel System.
Accommodation and on Board Systems.
31. Accommodation General.
32. Gas Installation.
33. Fresh Water Tanks and Delivery.
35. Electrical Installation.
36. Electronic and Navigation Equipment.
37. Heating and Refrigeration.