Barges, Narrowboats, and Houseboats
Magellan Yacht Surveys offer a comprehensive and detailed pre-purchase survey consisting of a 28 section report which covers all aspects of the hull (including ultrasonic readings on steel and moisture readings on FRP), fittings, rig, and equipment, which can be emailed or sent as a hard document.
Hull, Deck and Structure.
1. General Description and Identification,
3. Hull below Waterline.
4. Topsides above Waterline
7. Bulkheads and Structural Stiffening including Internal Mouldings.
Steering, Stern Gear, and Skin Fittings etc.
8. Rudder and Steering.
9. Stern Gear
10. Cathodic Protection.
11. Skin Fittings and other through Hull Apertures.
12. Ports Windows etc.
13. Stanchions, Pushpits, Pulpits, Handrails
14. Ground Tackle and Mooring Arrangements.
16. Navigation Lights.
17. Bilge Pumping Arrangements.
18. Firefighting Equipment.
19. Lifesaving and Emergency Equipment.
20. Engine and Installation.
21. Fuel System.
Accommodation and on Board Systems.
22. Accommodation General.
23. Gas Installation.
24. Fresh Water Tanks and Delivery.
26. Electrical Installation.
27. Electronic and Navigation Equipment.